Wednesday 23 April 2014

Reflections From Class 1 to 4

Assistive Technology was a term I heard only at the beginning of this course, needless to say so were the other term such as , presumed competence and convergence of technologies, not because they are new but because I have never had to look at these terms before. However after starting this course with much apprehension as to how I will get through and if I will considering that all I use a computer to do is type lesson plans, reply to emails, and check my facebook page I have to admit that I have learnt a lot, not enough that I am over confident but as it is a work in progress it's enough to make me knowledgeable enough to create something educational for my class, I therefore am looking forward to all the other classes to come.

Assisitive Technology
Assistive Technology is an umbrella term that includes assistive, adaptive, and rehabilitative devices for people with disabilities and also includes the process used in selecting, locating, and using them. AT promotes greater independence by enabling people to perform tasks that they were formerly unable to accomplish, or had great difficulty accomplishing, by providing enhancements to, or changing methods of interacting with, the technology needed to accomplish such tasks.

Uninversal Design For Learning
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is an educational framework based on research in the learning sciences, including cognitive neuroscience, that guides the development of flexible learning environments that can accommodate individual learning differences

 Presumed Competence
Is explained for me as believing that a child has the ability to learn, this might not be the way we expect but a former principal of mine always told us " if a child doesn't learn how you teach, teach the way the child can learns".

Convergence Of Technologies
Technological convergence is the tendency for different technological systems to evolve toward performing similar tasks.
All this I learned from this class so far and I have to say I'm looking forward to all that is left to be offered by this course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment